- 2024 Fees
All information on this page pertains to New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents only and is correct at the time of publishing but is subject to change. From 2023 Eastern Institute of Technology Limited became part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology, EIT and Te Pūkenga reserves the right to amend/withdraw programmes or courses. Fees for 2024 will be set by November 2023 and are subject to change.
Animal Management and Veterinary Nursing
Arts & Design
Beauty, Body and Hairdressing
Hairdressing and Barbering
Health and Community Wellness
Māori Art and Design
Nursing and Health Science
Online Courses and Distance Learning
Part-time study at EIT
Sport, Exercise and Massage
Tourism and Travel
Trades and Technology
Viticulture and Wine Science
EIT | Te Pūkenga has many scholarships available. You can check out our scholarships here
There are many more scholarships offered nationally and information about these is online on a database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT | Te Pūkenga or at some public libraries.
If you would like to come to EIT | Te Pūkenga to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is correct at the time of posting, but may be subject to change. All reasonable efforts are made to ensure listed scholarships are current and the information contained within is correct.
Year 13 Scholarships
EIT | Te Pūkenga is offering a limited number of Year 13 Scholarships.
Are you currently a year 13 student and thinking about further study in 2024? EIT | Te Pūkenga is offering year 13 scholarships that could make life a bit easier for you.
The Year 13 Scholarship covers one year of full-time study and is available to Hawke’s Bay and Tairāwhiti (Gisborne) based students who are beginning an undergraduate degree.
There are also scholarships available for students in other regions for some EIT | Te Pūkenga programmes.
Te Ara o Tākitimu - Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT) Hawke's Bay
Te Ara o Tākitimu empowers Māori and Pasifika students so they are confident to engage with their studies to achieve their goals. The programme supports eligible students from enrolment, through their learning, and connects them into industry by providing:
- Leadership development – mentoring, activities to connect with culture and identity, and building resilience.
- Financial support – free fees, travel support, and other engagement barriers.
- Pastoral care – navigate systems, support services, and removing learning obstacles.
- Career development – connections to industry, networking and transistion to work.
The narratives of Tākitimu waka connects Māori and Pasifika peoples and speaks to stories of overcoming adversity to reach a desired destination. The support programme is guided by this philosophy and provides people, resources, and kaupapa to create a whānau environment to ensure the learners reach their desired destination.
- Identify as either Māori or Pasifika
- Be aged between 16 – 40 years
How do you access this support?
- Enrol and be accepted into one of the programmes aligned with Te Ara o Tākitimu.
- Once accepted, the Te Ara o Tākitimu Co-ordinator will make contact with you to organise a meeting.
EIT | Te Pūkenga Hawke’s Bay
Te Ara o Tākitimu Coordinator
Phone: 06 830 1563
Te Toka - Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT) Tairāwhiti
Māori and Pasifika Trades Training is an initiative supporting Māori and Pasifika people into trades training programmes. Te Toka is the name of the scholarship offered in the Tairāwhiti region.
Te Toka covers programme fees and supports students through their study, providing pastoral care and helping students transition into the workplace.
- Be of Māori and/or Pasifika descent.
- Be 16 – 40 years of age at the start of your study.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Be able to meet the entry requirements for the qualification your are enrolling in.
How do you access the scholarship?
- Enrol and be accepted into one of the programmes aligned with Te Toka.
- Complete the scholarship application form.
- Once accepted, one of the Te Toka team will make contact with you to organise a meeting.
*No scholarship will be awarded until you are fully accepted on the programme.
EIT | Te Pūkenga Tairāwhiti
Student Wellbeing Advisor
869 0810 Ext. 7841
Student Support Advisor
869 0810 Ext. 7331
Student Support Advisor – Pacific Learners
869 0810 Ext. 7656