International Student Support Officer
Song is your support person for any questions or concerns you have about studying and living in Napier, New Zealand. All conversations are confidential so feel confident to visit, email or phone Song any time. He can help you with :
- Homesickness and culture shock
- Contraception and sexual health
- Legal issues
- Driving and buying a car in New Zealand
- Communities in Hawke’s Bay
- The Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students
- Complaint procedure
- Advice on where to go for the RIGHT advice
Song is also available after hours for emergencies only.
EIT International Centre
3rd Floor, A Block (Hetley Building)
PH: 06 830 1437
027 446 9840 (emergency after hours)
EIT has an International Mentor who is available to support and assist international students in their studies. The Mentor will make themselves known to students within the first month of classes starting and students can see their mentor on an individual basis for guidance regarding their assessments or for help in resolving any problems they might be having. The Mentor is keen to work with you and help you to achieve good grades.