The New Zealand Diploma in Horticulture Production (Post-Harvest) (Level 5) has been developed with industry to provide specialist technical skills and knowledge in the post-harvest sector.
You will be given access to a range of resources and industry experts during the programme that will enhance your understanding and build on skills you may already have.
As a graduate of the New Zealand Diploma in Horticulture Production (Post-Harvest) (Level 5) you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the leadership and relationship management with team members and clients using a range of effective interpersonal skills relevant to the post-harvest sector.
- Plan and manage post-harvest operations to achieve production goals.
- Plan and manage post-harvest quality standards to achieve production goals.
- Human Resource Management and Leadership skills
- Quality Control and Auditing
- Operational Planning and Management
- Health & Safety & HACCA
- Assurance and Inventory management
- Physiology and Storage
- Plant and Machinery Management
Possible jobs and career opportunities can include:
- Production and Quality Control Manager
- Coolstore and Inventory Manager
- Packhouse Technical Manager and Operations Manager
- Logistics and Development Manager
This qualification may build on the New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture Production (Level 4).
On completion of the New Zealand Diploma in Horticulture Production (Post Harvest) (Level 5) students may choose to study the New Zealand Diploma in Horticulture Production (Level 6).
International entry requirements
Entry with credit
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more: