Grow Your Career in Hawke's Bay
The NZ Diploma in Horticulture Production (Post Harvest strand) [Level 5] has been developed with industry to provide specialist technical skills and knowledge in the post-harvest sector.
You will develop an overview of the management of all post harvest operations, this will prepare you for more senior management roles. You will learn about the individual topics, but also develop your confidence, management skills and self-awareness to become a better manager.
You will be given access to a range of resources and industry experts during the programme that will enhance your understanding and build on skills you may already have.
As a graduate of the NZ Diploma in Horticulture Production (Post Harvest strand) [Level 5] you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the leadership and relationship management with team members and clients using a range of effective interpersonal skills relevant to the post harvest sector.
- Plan and manage post-harvest operations to achieve production goals.
- Plan and manage post-harvest quality standards to achieve production goals.
- Understand quality standards and how physiology and storage can affect quality outcomes.
- Be able to manage an audit and manage inventory.
- Human Resource Management and Leadership skills
- Quality Control, Auditing and Planning
- Operational Planning and Management
- Market Requirements, Assurance and Inventory Management
- Physiology and Storage
- Plant and Machinery Management
- Health and Safety and HACCP
This qualification may build on the NZ Certificate in Horticulture Production [Level 4].
Possible jobs and career opportunities can include:
- Production and Quality Control Manager
- Coolstore and Inventory Manager
- Packhouse Technical Manager and Operations Manager
- Logistics and Development Manager
There is one entry date per year:
English Language Entry Requirements
Entry with Credit
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or call in for a chat.