- Tourism and Travel
- NZ Certificate in Tourism [Level 4]*
NZ Certificate in Tourism [Level 4]*
* PLEASE NOTE: A new version of this programme is coming soon. This programme is currently being unified with others across Te Pūkenga to provide one programme that is portable, consistent, and more closely aligned with the needs of industry. This is a good thing but does mean that there will be some changes to the information below. Enquire at eit.ac.nz to receive the latest updates on the new programme.
Get on board a fast growing global business
Kick things off with this certificate and you’ll be preparing yourself for a career that will really take you places as you enter the exciting world of tourism. The certificate also includes first aid training.
Upon completion of this qualification you’ll be able to assist in the delivery of a quality visitor experience in a tour group company, a travel agency or within many other areas of the tourism industry. You’ll also be well prepared for further, higher level study in tourism-related programmes.
Our campus Travel Centre is set up to simulate a real-life travel agency and is used for role-plays between tourism provider and tourist.
The NZ Certificate in Tourism [Level 4] includes First Aid training.
In particular the programme is designed to develop skills to be able to:
- Enhance the customer experience
- Apply knowledge of tourism workplace operations
- Apply in-depth knowledge of New Zealand tourism destinations
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourism business systems and processes
- Manage first aid in an emergency
You’re welcome to make an appointment to discuss your study options with our staff either in person or by phone and you can also arrange a visit to view our facilities.
Future Career and Study Opportunities
Upon graduating you will be able to assist in supporting the delivery of a quality visitor experience and may also have some responsibility for the performance of others.
Your possible employment opportunities include: Attraction supervisor, i-Site consultant, visitor centre advisor or a hotel receptionist.
Your study pathway could progress onto: NZ Diploma in Tourism and Travel [Level 5]
There is one entry date for 2023:
- Monday, 17 July
Entry with Credit
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for a chat.