Learn the skills to work as a qualified Beauty Therapist. Further enhance client skin analysis to provide advanced electrical therapy, body exfoliation and wraps and give nutritional advice to enhance people’s appearance and make them feel fantastic.
There are two entry dates per year:
- If you have any criminal convictions this may impact on your ability to enrol in further programmes of study. To discuss this further, please contact the programme secretary Kate Meikle Ph: 06 830 1520, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ACADEMIC CRITERIA REQUIRED
- Students will be required to have completed NZ Certificate in Beauty Therapy [Level 4] or equivalent.
- Attend an information session with a member of the academic staff and successful completion of the alternative academic entry test.
- An information session is compulsory for those who do not meet the academic entry criteria and it is recommended for those who do meet the academic entry criteria. It will allow parties to exchange information about what the programme provides for and requires of students. Included will be discussion of possible career paths for the student, motivation, and physical and emotional requirements, along with the applicant’s abilities, background, experiences and interests. Attendance of whanau members and/or other support people is encouraged.
ALTERNATIVE ACADEMIC ENTRY ASSESSMENT
- The alternative academic entry assessment will measure applicants’ Literacy and Numeracy ability to ensure that it is of a level to cope with the demands of the programme.
HEALTH AND PROFESSIONAL CRITERIA
All applicants are required to:
- Sign a declaration and a request for personal information held on the Police computer.
- Sign a declaration that they are in good health (having no medical, physical or psychological conditions that would preclude working with vulnerable clients).
- If the declaration identifies any issue that may impact on the student’s ability to complete the programme, the student can discuss these with the programme coordinator at an information session. EIT reserves the right to decline entry to the programme should an applicant’s Police record or health difficulties be such that they would be considered unsuitable for the type of work undertaken whilst on this programme or by graduates of this programme. The guidelines on which this decision will be based are the relevant professional association or industry requirements.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENT
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must have an acceptable level of English language fluency prior to enrolment in the programme. This may be demonstrated in a variety of ways, including successful study of a programme in which English was the language of instruction, completion of a New Zealand Certificate in English Language [Level 3], approved scores on IELTS tests (5.5 Academic with no band score lower than 5.0 issued within the last two years) or completion of accepted international equivalents.
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more: