Go places with hair, beauty and styling skills
Get introduced to a range of subject areas and practical skills in studies in make up, skin care, hairdressing, barbering and personal styling. You could then go on to further studies in any of these areas.
Activities are hands-on and will include theory.
There are two entry dates per year:
Career Opportunities and Outcomes
The NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills (Hair and Beauty) [Level 2] is aimed at preparing you for further studies in the following programmes and to develop your skills when seeking employment or further study.
- NZ Certificate in Makeup and Skin Care (Introduction) [Level 3] leading into the NZ Certificate in Beauty Therapy [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Study and Career Preparation [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) [Level 3] leading into the NZ Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist) [Level 4] or the NZ Certificate in Commercial Barbering [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Sport, Recreation and Exercise [Level 3]
This is a project-based learning programme. The practical tasks actively involve you and represent some of the work you may encounter in a workplace.
This programme provides an introduction to hairdressing, barbering, beauty and personal styling.
Tasks or activities may include:
- Personal makeup skills
- Styling your own hair
- Making a hair or beauty product
- Personal styling for an interview
- Planing a classroom event
- Using professional hair, barbering and beauty products and tools
You are welcome to make an appointment to talk to a teaching staff member or Programme Coordinator about this programme and to view our facilities.
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
Entry with Credit
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or call in for a chat.