Short Courses and Micro-credentials
- FREE | NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills (Automotive and Engineering) [Level 2]
- FREE | NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills (Future Directions) [Level 2]
- FREE | NZ Certificate in Building, Construction and Allied Trades Skills [Level 2]
- FREE | NZ Certificate in Outdoor Experiences [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Services Pathway) [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Construction Trade Skills (Carpentry) [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Electrical Pre-trade [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Mechanical Engineering [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Automotive Engineering [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Infrastructure Works (Plant Operation strand) [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Plumbing, Gasfitting and Drainlaying (Pre-apprenticeship) [Level 3]
- FREE | NZ Certificate in Outdoor and Adventure Education (Multi-skilled) [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Light Automotive Engineering [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Heavy Automotive Engineering - Road Transport Strand [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Carpentry [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Electric Vehicle Automotive Engineering [Level 5]*
NZ Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
This hands-on certificate is a balance of theory and practical learning delivered by tutors with vast industry knowledge and experience. You’ll acquire techniques and skills to advance your engineering future in EIT’s state-of-the-art trades’ complex. The areas you’ll learn about include workshop introduction, technical drawing, trade calculations, basic mechanics, core engineering, assembly, basic machining, fabrication and welding.
For more information please contact: Hawke’s Bay: Lynne Turnbull, phone 06 830 1294 or email email@example.com
NZ Diploma in Architectural Technology
With this programme you will gain the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to become a productive member of an architectural design team. The NZ Diploma in Architectural Technology provides practical learning to undertake the whole process of producing architectural drawings using Archicad and Revit software, from establishing a client’s requirements through to submitting the final designs.
NB: Course fees for the 2022 Evening Class option are currently FREE until 31 December 2022, under the TTAF scheme. The two remaining Year One courses studied in 2023 may be subject to fees ($1,800 approximately). Subsequent years fee will be $3,600 approximately per annum.
Get into Engineering
Start your career in one of the fastest growing industries in the East Coast Region. Mechanical Engineers are in-demand, well-paid with many possible career opportunities. Possible career pathways are machining, welding, fabrication. Your qualification is recognised both in New Zealand and overseas.
Tradie’s Perseverance Pays Off
The reasons she was given, she says, were about gender, but the determined 32-year-old wasn’t about to be deterred and her perseverance has paid off.
Graham Scarfe Builder Ltd offered Casey the opportunity she was looking for, and now, working full-time for the company, she is on track to securing a carpentry apprenticeship.
Opinion By Stephen Hensman Amid one of biggest reforms in a generation in vocational education, which has seen EIT become part of Te Pūkenga, the new New Zealand Institute of Skills and...
EIT has officially became part of Te Pūkenga, with a pōwhiri held at EIT’s Te Ara o Tāwhaki Marae at its Hawke’s Bay campus in Taradale. The transition means that EIT ceased to exist...
EIT Tairāwhiti apprentice set to compete in national Certified Builders' Apprenticeship Challenge after winning regional finals
Seth Lundon, an EIT Tairāwhiti building apprentice, is set to show off his skills at a national level when he competes in the NZ Certified Builders’ Apprenticeship Challenge in November...