The New Zealand Diploma in Tourism [Level 5] is a full time, one year programme. Graduates will be able to deliver, and assist in supporting the delivery of, a quality visitor experience across a range of organisations in the tourism and travel industries. The programme includes an overnight study tour, work experience and the theoretical knowledge required for a Bar Manager’s Certificate.
The programme consists of eight courses which will develop your skills to:
- Apply effective corporate communication skills.
- Manage tourism workplace practices.
- Analyse & evaluate tourism operating environments.
- Understand key factors that drive & shape tourism development.
- Apply marketing principles.
- Analyse & critique factors that impact on tourism businesses.
- Interpret basic financial reports.
- Apply quality standards & controls.
- Contribute to the organisation management & delivery of a tourism event.
Graduates will be able to deliver, and assist in supporting the delivery of, a quality visitor experience across a range of organisations in the tourism and travel industries.
You’re welcome to make an appointment to discuss your study options with our staff either in person or by phone and you can also arrange a visit to view our facilities.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
At the completion of the programme, graduates are able to assist in supporting the delivery of a quality visitor experience and may also have some responsibility for the performance of others. Graduates are also prepared for further, higher level study.
Your possible employment opportunities include:
- Airline Lounge Host
- Travel Consultant
- Hotel Reservationist
- Airline ground staff
There is one entry date per year:
- February (Hawke’s Bay Campus only)
International entry requirements
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more: