- Trades and Technology
- NZ Diploma in Architectural Technology [Level 5-6]
NZ Diploma in Architectural Technology [Level 5-6]
Evening, Full-time, Part-time
Level 5 - 6
Design the World
This programme will offer you stimulating studies and provide a pathway to your professional qualification as an architectural technician.
Gain the knowledge, skills and attitudes required to become a productive member of an architectural design team – undertake practical learning to learn the whole process of producing architectural drawings, from establishing a client’s requirements right through to submission of the final designs.
There are two entry dates per year:
- Monday, 13 February 2023
Part-time evening class option
- August 2024
Your Future Career & Study Opportunities
Your possible employment opportunities include: As a graduate you will provide the construction industry with the essential knowledge and skills required to enter employment as an architectural technician on small and medium scale building projects of limited complexity through all stages to completion. Additionally, you may be competent to assist with large and/or complex projects.
Every building needs an Architectural Technologist. The skills you learn from this programme are valuable wherever there is construction. This qualification is for you if you are wishing to work as an architectural technician but also provides recognition of knowledge and skills if you are already working in the role.
Upon completion of Year One of this programme you will be able to:
- Use basic industry knowledge to evaluate design principles for small building projects in a design, building or construction related environment.
- Carry out feasibility studies for small buildings.
- Be able to communicate a concept and building design and prepare approval documentation for a building project in accordance with a design brief.
- Evaluate the performance of and select standard and non-specific materials and finishes to be used in the building process.
- Prepare, organise and present architectural working drawings for small buildings using manual and digital technologies in accordance with statutory and regulatory environment.
As a graduate of this qualification you will be able to:
- Apply comprehensive industry knowledge to evaluate design principles for small, medium and large building projects in a design, building or construction related environment.
- Carry out feasibility studies for small, medium and large buildings.
- Establish the clients’ requirements, develop and communicate a concept and building design and prepare approval documentation for a building project in accordance with a client’s brief.
- Evaluate the performance of and select materials and finishes to be used in the building process.
- Prepare, organise and present architectural working drawings for small and medium buildings using manual and digital technologies in accordance with the statutory and regulatory environment.
- Understand the roles, documentation and administrative requirements of the construction industry, apply this knowledge and assist senior personnel through the tender process.
International Entry Requirements
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT | Te Pūkenga. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT | Te Pūkenga offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT | Te Pūkenga scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT | Te Pūkenga or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT | Te Pūkenga to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or call in for a chat.