- Trades and Technology / FREE PROGRAMMES
- FREE | NZ Certificate in Building, Construction and Allied Trades Skills [Level 2]
FREE | NZ Certificate in Building, Construction and Allied Trades Skills [Level 2]
Build a great career in construction
The NZ Certificate in Building, Construction and Allied Trades Skills [Level 2] is aimed at preparing you for further study in the construction industry.
This NZ Certificate is a project-based learning programme which will provide you with the knowledge and skills to complete a medium sized construction project whilst introducing you to industry requirements and practices.
Project-based learning allows you to explore, negotiate, interpret and create quality products. Throughout the programme, you will learn to link theory with practical skills and you will spend most of your day in one of our workshops working with your hands.
There are three entry dates per year:
- March (Hawke’s Bay)
- May (Tairāwhiti and Ruatōrea)
Your Future Career & Study Opportunities
Your possible employment opportunities include: Entry level trade pre-apprentice programme.
Your study pathway could progress onto:
- NZ Certificate in Building, Construction and Allied Trades Skills [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Construction Trade Skills (Carpentry) [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Carpentry [Level 4]
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Show good work habits and perform safe work practices in a workshop.
- Safely operate selected portable power and hand tools.
- Have good work habits with carpentry hand tools.
- Implement construction methods to complete a task.
- A personal interview is part of the application process. We want to talk with you to make sure this is the right programme for your needs.
- This is an open entry programme which means no formal qualifications are required.
- You must be aged 16 or over and you are required to have a reasonable reading level in order to cope with the programme and to carry out written instruction.
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT | Te Pūkenga. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT | Te Pūkenga offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT | Te Pūkenga scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT | Te Pūkenga or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT | Te Pūkenga to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for a chat.