This certificate offers a new way of looking at your carpentry apprenticeship. You’ll earn as you learn with on-the-job training, day release courses and night classes to ensure you’ll end up with the best carpentry skills and qualification. All EIT staff are trade qualified.
You can join the programme in the following ways:
- Direct from School with a minimum of 3 years NCEA Level 1 English and Maths.
- Direct from the workforce with the recommendation of the builder who is to be your employer.
- You may have completed a Carpentry Pre -Apprenticeship course.
- You could have previously completed unit standards towards the National Certificate in Carpentry Level 4 with another provider.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
The New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry (Level 4) will prepare you a prosperous future in building and construction.
Starts any time
During this programme you’ll be visited at your worksites by EIT’s tutors and workplace assessors who’ll work with you to plan and evaluate your progress. You’ll undertake practical units onsite and theory will be taught and assessed during night classes and day release courses on campus. Advantages for you will be:
- Earn as you learn
- All EIT staff are trade qualified
- Quality resourced learning environments
- Entry any time throughout the year
- No repetition of units already achieved
- Training and learning not in isolation
- Ongoing support availability
- Builders Green Card (for trade discounts)
- Fortnightly payment of fees available
So come in and have a chat about your study options with the staff at our Hawke’s Bay or Tairāwhiti Gisborne campus. Or, simply give us a call on 0800 22 55 348. And you’re most welcome to visit and view our facilities at any time. See you soon!
This certificate will prepare you for further study at EIT. Just ask one of our friendly staff to find out more.