Real Life, Real Learning, Real Business: Specialise your Business career
The Graduate Diploma in Business (GDB) is particularly attractive to people who already have a degree or extensive experience because it gives a Level 7 qualification in only one year. We see four typical ways in which you would use the Graduate Diploma in Business (GDB) to develop your career pathway:
- You may be a graduate with a degree in a non- business area and wish to change the direction of your career. You will use your existing graduate skills to start your study of business at the equivalent level to that of the final year of a business degree. Most endorsements should be possible but you may need three semesters for some such as accounting.
- You have a business degree and wish to change specialisation. This is a very realistic option, many of the points above apply but you would normally be able to complete any endorsement in two semesters. You may also wish to include a selection of level 8 courses in your GDB.
- You may wish to continue your current career but need to add management skills. As careers progress they often demand a greater participation in the business aspects of the organisation; the one year nature (or part-time) of GDB can be attractive.
- You have worked up from the bottom to a senior position and have recognition within your organisation. However, without a qualification mobility is difficult; here, the ability to enter a one year level seven programme is very attractive.
The Graduate Diploma in Business is a 120 credit, one year full-time, or equivalent part-time, programme at Level 7 which enables those who have completed a bachelor’s degree to achieve a graduate level qualification in a specialised area of business. Those with extensive business experience at a management level may be able to enter the Graduate Diploma without a degree. The qualification is an ideal opportunity for those with experience to increase their employment mobility.
The Graduate Diploma in Business has the following endorsements:
- Sales and Marketing
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
An unendorsed diploma is also available.
All those intending to enrol in this programme can make an appointment with the Programme Coordinator to discuss their course of study. Please contact the Programme Secretary, Roni Hastings firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange an appointment.
All endorsements are offered subject to sufficient enrolments.
Typically, a full-time student will take two courses in each term (four terms per year).
Career Opportunities and Outcomes
The Graduate Diploma in Business adds strength to your qualification portfolio. The increases your mobility and range of potential employment roles. Here are a few ideas:
- Operations manager
- Marketing manager
- Sales manager
- Finance manager
- Key account manager
- Product manager
- Financial or management accountant
- Human resources advisor
- Entrepreneur (in your own business!)
There are four entry dates per year:
- February, May, July, October
- March, June, August, October
Auckland Specific Information
Entry with Credit
International Entry Requirements
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or call in for a chat.