Engage in a series of real life and in-house projects, utilizing various creative disciplines including paint, sculpture, print, photography, Video, CAD, graphic design and 3D design on New Zealand’s first project based creative degree.
Learn to think creatively, act professionally, and develop the technical skills needed to become a practising Creative Practitioner.
During this programme you’ll learn key theory and techniques within a project-based environment on your way to becoming a professional artist or designer. Some projects will be individually focused, others collaborative. Some will be prescribed, others will demand self-directed learning. All of these projects will weave together to form your Bachelor of Creative Practice.
SUBJECT AREAS INCLUDE:
- Drawing and Design
- Graphic Design: Adode creative suite industry standard software, digital photography, video, 3D rendering, web design
- 3D Design: wood, clay, metal, plastics
- Furniture interior, spatial design including CAD
- Print: woodblock, silkscreen, photo-silkscreen, etching
- Paint: acrylics, oils, new media
- Intron press and 3D printing
- Sculpture, clay, installation art
- Art & design history, theory
- Research by creative practice
Please feel free to make an appointment to discuss your study options. You can meet with our staff in person at our Hawke’s Bay campus, or simply give us a call on 0800 22 55 348. And you’re most welcome to visit EIT to view our facilities at any time.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
Possible jobs and career opportunities can include:
- Spatial/interior designer
- Furniture designer
- Graphic designer
- Web designer
- Arts manager or administrator
- Gallery or museum curator
- Fashion Industry
- Music Industry
- Film and TV work
Graduates can also go on study a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters. Look at our works: ideaschool.ac.nz
There is one entry date per year:
- Mid February