- NZ Certificate in Primary Industry Skills - Horticulture [Level 2]
- NZ Certificate in Apiculture [Level 3]
- Horticulture Trainee Programme [Levels 2-4]
- NZ Certificate in Horticulture (General) [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Land Based Sustainable Practices [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Agriculture (Vehicles, Machinery and Infrastructure) [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Agriculture (Farming Systems) [Level 3]
- Mahinga Kai Te Hoata NZ Certificate in Māori Traditional Food Production, Harvest and Management [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Horticulture (Fruit Production) [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Sustainable Primary Production [Level 4]
New Zealand Certificate in Land Based Sustainable Practices Level 3
The purpose of this qualification is to provide the land based primary industries with individuals who are able to apply sustainable practices to current operations or to a new activity.
Primary industries and local communities will benefit by having graduates who can apply sustainability practices for the long term benefit of the community and the environment.
For more information please contact:
Tairāwhiti: Phillipa Huberts Phone: 06 869 0810 ext 7600. Email: email@example.com
Hawke’s Bay: Denise Davis Phone: 06 974 8000 ext 6043. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EIT together with Taratahi offer a practical and hands on learning experience. Our rural section runs a 45 ha. sheep and beef farm with sheep and cattle yards and a woolshed. Well stocked tractor and implement sheds provide students with the fencing, handpiece and forestry equipment to learn a wide range of agricultural skills. A demonstration vineyard is sited adjacent to the winery, as well as greenhouses, hydroponics and workrooms.
Horticulture Graduate Profile
Ryan May is currently studying the National Certificate in Horticulture (Advanced) Level 4 at EIT. He is employed by T&G and situated on an orchard in the sunny Hawke’s Bay. Watch this interview with Ryan and hear about his past experience working at the Olympics and his reasons for choosing horticulture.