- Fees-FREE | NZ Certificate in Primary Industry Skills (Agriculture/Ecology/Horticulture) [Level 2]
- Fees-FREE | Horticulture Workplace Operations [Level 2 - 3]
- Fees-FREE | Ka Hao te Rangatahi | Ecological Landcare [Level 2 - 3]
- Fees-FREE | Horticulture Apprenticeship Programme [Levels 3 - 4]
- Fees-FREE | NZ Certificate in Horticulture (General) [Level 3]
- Fees-FREE | NZ Certificate in Horticulture (Fruit Production strand) [Level 3]
- Fees-FREE | NZ Certificate in Primary Industry Operational Skills (with optional Specialist Equipment and Infrastructure strands) [Level 3]
- Fees-FREE | Mahinga Kai Te Hoata [Kaupae 3] | NZ Certificate in Māori Traditional Food Production, Harvest and Management [Level 3]
- Fees-FREE | NZ Certificate in Apiculture [Level 3]
- Fees-FREE | NZ Certificate in Land Based Sustainability Practices [Level 3]
- Fees-FREE | Te Hiringa o te Taiao [Kaupae 4] | NZ Certificate in Māori Environment Practices [Level 4]
- Fees-FREE | NZ Certificate in Sustainable Primary Production [Level 4]
- Fees-FREE | NZ Diploma in Horticulture Production (Post Harvest strand) [Level 5]
- Fees-FREE | NZ Diploma in Horticulture Production (Fruit Production strand) [Level 5]
- NZ Diploma in Environmental Management (Terrestrial strand) [Level 5]
- NZ Diploma in Environmental Management (Terrestrial strand) [Level 6]
NZ Certificate in Horticulture (General) [Level 3]
If you enjoy working outdoors then this is the qualification for you. It is a mix of theory and hands on practical training that teaches the fundamentals of horticulture, plant science and naming, pest and disease, soils and gardening skills. This programme gives you an excellent skill base for personal use, further study at a higher level or in a specialist field.
With this programme you’ll get the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and really get stuck in. You’ll find yourself skilling up in botany and soil classes or getting your hands dirty in the shade house, greenhouses or garden plots. There are also extensive plantings on-campus providing you with additional learning opportunities.
Tairāwhiti: Phillipa Huberts Phone: 06 869 0810 ext 7600. Email: email@example.com
Hawke’s Bay: Diana Morris Phone: 06 974 8000 ext 6043. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EIT offer a practical and hands on learning experience. Well stocked tractor and implement sheds provide students with the fencing, handpiece and forestry equipment to learn a wide range of horticultural or agricultural skills. A demonstration vineyard is sited adjacent to the winery, as well as greenhouses, hydroponics and workrooms.
Horticulture Graduate Profile
Ryan May is currently studying the National Certificate in Horticulture (Advanced) Level 4 at EIT. He is employed by T&G and situated on an orchard in the sunny Hawke’s Bay. Watch this interview with Ryan and hear about his past experience working at the Olympics and his reasons for choosing horticulture.