EIT Hawke's Bay
The Doctors Napier Ltd provides general medical services for all students at their EIT Hawke’s Bay Health Centre, located in K block on the Taradale campus.
- Open 8.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday during term time (see dates below)
- Doctor consultations available Tuesday and Thursday
- Nurse consultations available Monday to Friday
- FREE confidential counselling – in person, by phone or online, one-off or long term
- Experienced, friendly staff
Benefits of Enrolling
Enrol at the EIT Hawke’s Bay Health Centre and benefit from:
- Lower fees (discounts available if enrolled)
- Free WOF check with our nurse when you enrol
- Access to funded nursing clinic appointments e.g., smears, diabetic clinic (eligibility criteria applies)
- Access to other clinics of The Doctors Napier, Greenmeadows, and Ahuriri with student ID (lower fees only apply during standard business hours)
- Access to the online portal that lets you manage your health online, anytime, anywhere
- Streamlined billing for international students (eligibility criteria apply)
After hours and weekend care is available at The Doctors Napier (lower fees only apply during standard business hours).
During term break you can access medical services at The Doctors in Napier, Greenmeadows, and Ahuriri.
Counselling is available outside of term time for students already receiving counselling support. Contact The Doctors Napier for an appointment on 06 835 4696.
2022 Open Dates
Open: 31 January – 14 April
Closed: 15 April – 1 May
Open: 2 May – 1 July
Closed: 2 July – 17 July
Term 3 & 4
Open: 18 July – 2 December
Closed: 3 December – 2023 (opening date to be confirmed)
Contact our receptionist to enquire about enrolling now.
You do not need to be enrolled with The Doctors to access counselling support.
Book in at reception or phone: 06 830 1919 or email: email@example.com
EIT Tairāwhiti offers students FREE access to the nurse-led Health and Wellness Centre run by Turanga Health.
The Health and Wellness Centre is located in Room PR107, R Block, on the main campus.
Turanga Health Services
Turanga Health Staff will be coordinating various health promotion and screening activities throughout the academic year. In addition they are available to provide students and their whanau with access to Turanga Health services including:
- Health assessments
- Health information
- Help to quit smoking
- Nutrition information
- Pregnancy tests
- Emergency contraception
- Minor treatments
- Referrals to other agencies
- Mental health and addiction services
- Tane ora/men’s health
- Oral health
- Whanau ora/family health
- Tamariki ora/well child
- Kaumatua programme