EIT is delighted to be one of the New Zealand tertiary institutions to offer free tuition for eligible first time tertiary students.
For 2018, tertiary education will be fees-free for eligible first time tertiary learners.
To meet the requirements for fees-free provider-based study for 2018 at EIT you must:
- Be allowed to work and live in New Zealand permanently, or be an Australian or New Zealand resident who has lived here for at least three years, a refugee or protected person, or a sponsored family member of a refugee or protected person; and
- Not be enrolled in school when your qualification starts, and either:
- Have been enrolled at school in 2017 or 2018, or
- Not have undertaken previous study or training of more than 60 credits, except while you were at school, and
- Enrol in an eligible qualification. The qualification must be at Level 3 or above on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. (See EIT’s programme pages for the levels.)
You will need to have your National Student Number (NSN) to confirm your eligibility which you can do online at Fees Free.
And more information about the eligibility criteria can be found in Fees Free’s FAQs.
This policy covers tuition, associated mandatory fees and compulsory student service fees.
It does not cover students’ association fees, club memberships, course materials and late fees.
If you wish to apply for a student allowance or the two non-fees parts of a student loan—living costs and course-related costs—for 2018, you’ll still need to apply to StudyLink.
StudyLink encourages future students to apply by 16 December 2017, and to provide supporting documents promptly (you can apply online). This will ensure your application can be assessed in time for the start of the 2018 academic year.