Go places with a solid foundation of skills and knowledge
Get introduced to a range of subject areas and practical skills that will give you options for future work and/or study. You could explore a wide range of topics including wellbeing, horticulture, hospitality, trades or outdoor adventure.
Activities are hands-on and you will learn all about goal setting, communication skills and numeracy. Practical and theory tasks are combined and embedded throughout all aspects of the programme with a view to providing a foundation for further study or employment.
Future Career and Study Opportunities
The NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills (Future Directions) [Level 2] is aimed at preparing you for further studies in the following programmes and to develop your skills when seeking employment or further study.
- NZ Certificate in Study and Career Preparation [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Tourism [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Café Service or Café and Restaurant Services strands) [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Cookery [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Sport, Recreation and Exercise [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Arts and Design [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Makeup and Skin Care (Introduction) [Level 3], leading into the NZ Certificate in Beauty Therapy [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) [Level 3], leading into the NZ Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist) [Level 4] or the NZ Certificate in Commercial Barbering [Level 4]
This is a project-based learning programme. The practical tasks actively involve you and represent some of the work you may encounter in a general workplace.
This programme provides an introduction to a range of work and study fields, which may include sustainability, the outdoors, hospitality, wellbeing and automotive trades.
Tasks or activities may include:
- Improving your digital literacy
- Making a sustainable product
- Preparing for an interview
- Planning a classroom event
You are welcome to make an appointment to talk to a teaching staff member or Programme Coordinator about this programme and to view our facilities.
There are two entry dates for 2023:
- Monday, 17 February
- Monday, 17 July
Entry with Credit
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for a chat.