Do You Want to Start a Career in the Creative Industries?
This 34-week project based programme studies popular music with an emphasis on advanced performance practice, composition and audio engineering. The practical component will be underpinned by a sound theoretical knowledge of contemporary music.
The NZ Diploma in Music [Level 5] is a one year programme that will develop your practical skills during individual and group projects to prepare you for a diverse and exciting career.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Incorporating Ableton Live and other software into performance
- Advanced performance and recording methods specific to your instrument
- Multi-tracking and Live recording in a professional studio environment
- Audio engineering and editing in ProTools and other software
- Writing and arranging music for small to large bands
- Finding out which funding bodies apply to you and creating usable grant/scholarship applications
- The ins and outs of writing music professionally
- Utilising social media and other online platforms to boost your professional profile and market your events
- Collaboration with the Screen Production, Fashion and Visual Arts students
Come in and have a chat about your study options with the staff at our Hawke’s Bay campus. Or, simply give us a call on 0800 22 55 348. And you’re most welcome to visit EIT to view our facilities at any time.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
You will gain a broad introduction and understanding of the different aspects of the industry which will prepare you for employment or to go on to further study. Possible jobs and career opportunities can include:
- Music performer
- Music producer
- Commercial composer
- Session musician
- Specialist instrument tutor
- Assistant recording engineer
- Assistant performance engineer
There is one entry date per year:
- Mid February
International entry requirements
Graduating with a Certificate in Contemporary Music Performance from EIT will open up many career pathways for your future working in the music industry. Further study options include:
- Diploma in Screen Production
- (MAINZ) Certificate in Audio Engineering (Auckland/Christchurch)
- (MAINZ) Diploma in Contemporary Music (Auckland)
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for a chat.