- IDEAschool / Music / Creative Studies
- NZ Diploma in Music [Level 5]
NZ Diploma in Music [Level 5]
Do you want a career in the music industry?
During this diploma you will be developing your practical skills in performance, composition, songwriting and audio production.
Individual and group projects will prepare you for a diverse and exciting career in the music industry.
With your diploma completed successfully you can continue on to the second year of the Bachelor of Creative Practice.
Look at our works @ ideaschool.ac.nz
This 34-week project based programme studies popular music with an emphasis on advanced performance practice, composition and audio engineering. The practical component will be underpinned by a sound theoretical knowledge of contemporary music.
What you will learn:
- Incorporating Ableton Live and other software into performance.
- Advanced performance and recording methods specific to your instrument.
- Multi-tracking and live recording in a professional studio environment.
- Audio engineering and editing in Pro Tools and other software.
- Writing and arranging music for small to large bands.
- Finding out which funding bodies apply to you and creating usable grant/scholarship applications.
- The ins and outs of writing music professionally.
- Utilising social media and other online platforms to boost your professional profile and market your events.
- Collaboration with Screen Production, Fashion and Visual Arts students.
Your Future Career & Study Opportunities
You will gain a broad introduction and understanding of the different aspects of the industry which will prepare you for employment or to go on to further study at diploma or degree level. Possible jobs and career opportunities can include:
- Music performer
- Music producer
- Commercial composer
- Session musician
- Specialist instrument tutor
- Assistant recording engineer
- Assistant performance engineer
- Continue your study pathway with the Bachelor of Creative Practice followed by Honours or Masters degree
There is one entry date per year:
International Entry Requirements
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT | Te Pūkenga. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT | Te Pūkenga offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT | Te Pūkenga scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT | Te Pūkenga or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT | Te Pūkenga to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or call in for a chat.