A good customer is for life – not just for one service period. Learn how to make exceptional customer service an everyday event in the hospitality industry as you learn how to create positive first impressions in cafés and other similar establishments.
When you graduate with this certificate you will be ready to hit the ground running. You will learn about all aspects of customer service from a team of professionals with many years of experience in the hospitality industry under their belts. With your newly acquired skills, you will have your customers coming back for more.
Create fine food and offer first class service.
The Café Service programme enables graduates to pursue a professional career in cafes. In particular, the programme is designed to meet the needs of students who want to enter the hospitality industry with a customer/guest service focus, with café style food preparation and cookery skills.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Communicate effectively when serving customers and behave in a professional manner with colleagues, managers and customers.
- Follow standard operating procedures to deal with familiar problems in a hospitality establishment.
- The strands in this qualification allow graduates to specialise in café service and café style food preparation and cookery.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
Employment pathway could be: cookery and service personnel in cafés or bars which provide table and/or buffet services, establishments which cater to functions, or baristas in hospitality establishments or a crew member in a quick service restaurant.
This qualification may lead on to the:
- New Zealand Certificate in Food & Beverage [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Cookery [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Cookery [Level 4]
- Late January, April and August
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more: