Create fine food and coffee with first class service
The Café Services programme enables graduates to start a career in the hospitality industry with a customer/guest service focus. Gain cookery skills and learn to prepare café style food.
The Café Services programme enables you to pursue a professional career in cafés. In particular, the programme is designed to meet the needs of those who want to enter the hospitality industry with a customer/guest service focus, with café style food preparation and cookery skills.
Upon graduating you will be able to:
- Communicate effectively when serving customers and behave in a professional manner with colleagues, managers and customers.
- Follow standard operating procedures to deal with familiar problems in a hospitality establishment.
- This qualification allows graduates to specialise in café food and beverage service and café style food preparation and cookery.
Your future career and study opportunities
This qualification may lead on to:
- NZ Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Restaurant Services) (Level 4)
- NZ Certificate in Cookery (Level 3)
- NZ Certificate in Cookery (Level 4)
Employment pathways could be:
- Cookery and service personnel in cafés, bars, clubs, or establishments which cater to functions
- Barista in hospitality establishments
- Crew member in a quick service restaurant
There are two entry dates per year:
* The Hawke’s Bay and Hastings intakes to be confirmed.
English language entry requirements
Academic learning services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT | Te Pūkenga. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT | Te Pūkenga offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT | Te Pūkenga scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT | Te Pūkenga or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT | Te Pūkenga to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for a chat.