IT Qualifications are in High Demand
Gain advanced technical skills and insight to meet the challenging demands of Information Technology in the workplace.
Your new skills will augment an existing qualification from another field and put you in good stead for advancement within your current or future workplace.
You must have a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification.
The Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (GradDipIT) is a Level 7, one year, full-time programme of 120 credits. It enables those who have already completed a Bachelor degree to achieve a graduate level qualification in Information Technology.
The GradDipIT programme has been designed to enable graduates from other disciplines to pursue a career in the computing industry.
In particular, the programme is designed to provide you with:
- A sound knowledge of the Information Technology sector and the effective management of IT resources.
- The ability to analyse the needs of business and to make recommendations for IT services and systems.
- The ability to develop and implement innovations leading to a more efficient use of resources.
- The ability to relate and effectively communicate with all personnel and stakeholders.
- The motivation for continued learning and self-development to cope effectively with change.
- An understanding of the regulatory and ethical frameworks of the IT sector.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Your Future Career & Study Opportunities
Possible job and career opportunities can include:
- Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
- Business Analyst
- IT Infrastructure Support
- E-Commerce Advisor
- Project Management
The Graduate Diploma in Information Technology fits into the following pathways:
- Employment in the IT field
- Postgraduate or Masters study at EIT | Te Pūkenga or a University
There are two entry dates per year:
International Entry Requirements
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT | Te Pūkenga. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT | Te Pūkenga offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT | Te Pūkenga scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT | Te Pūkenga or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT | Te Pūkenga to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or call in for a chat.