EIT’s Tourism and travel offering is a full-time, two year programme which provides a pathway to a career in many aspects of tourism and travel. Three New Zealand qualifications, and two City and Guilds qualifications are included.
Tourism Opportunities prepares graduates for an exciting range of employment opportunities in the tourism and travel industries. In particular, the programme is designed to develop skills to be able to:
- Apply knowledge of customer service and selling skills
- Apply tourism workplace practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hawke’s Bay and New Zealand as tourist destinations
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the tourism and travel industry
- Apply knowledge and attributes required for a barista role
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourism business systems
- Manage first aid in an emergency
- Apply knowledge of marketing in tourism
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourism quality management
- Apply knowledge of tourism event planning
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
The tourism and travel industry has a very wide range of exciting jobs on offer.
- Travel Agency
- Visitor Information Offices
- Tourist Attractions
- Tour Guides
International entry requirements
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more: