The EIT | Te Pūkenga Tourism and Travel offering is a full-time, two year programme which provides a pathway to a career in many aspects of tourism and travel. Three New Zealand qualifications, and two City and Guilds qualifications are included.
Tourism Opportunities prepares graduates for an exciting range of employment opportunities in the tourism and travel industries. In particular, the programme is designed to develop skills to be able to:
- Apply knowledge of customer service and selling skills
- Apply tourism workplace practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hawke’s Bay and New Zealand as tourist destinations
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the tourism and travel industry
- Apply knowledge and attributes required for a barista role
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourism business systems
- Manage first aid in an emergency
- Apply knowledge of marketing in tourism
- Demonstrate knowledge of tourism quality management
- Apply knowledge of tourism event planning
Your future career opportunities
The tourism and travel industry has a very wide range of exciting jobs on offer.
- Travel Agency
- Visitor Information Offices
- Tourist Attractions
- Tour Guides
There is one entry date per year in February.
International entry requirements
Academic learning services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT | Te Pūkenga. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT | Te Pūkenga offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT | Te Pūkenga scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT | Te Pūkenga or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT | Te Pūkenga to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for a chat.