1 year part-time
The New Zealand Certificate in Business (Accounting Support Services) sets foundations of good practice, and a solid understanding of common but necessary accounting functions.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand business entities with people who can carry out a broad range of accounting support services to work in a range of accounting support roles in business entities.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to be employed in a variety of business entities in accounting support roles including:
■ Accounts officer.
■ Payroll officer.
■ Sole-charge administrator.
■ Accounts payable/receivable or accounts assistant.
Graduates will also be able to contribute to community groups in volunteer accounting functions.
■ Accrual Accounting.
■ Accounting for Taxation.
■ Accounting Software.
Come in and have a chat about your study options with the staff at our Hawke’s Bay campus. Or, simply give us a call on 0800 22 55 348. And you’re most welcome to visit EIT to view our facilities at any time.
- NZ Certificate in Business (Introduction to Small Business) [Level 3], or
- NZ Certificate in Retail [Level 3], or
- NZCertificate in Business (Administration and Technology) [Level 3], or
- NCEA [Level 2], or
- A NZ Certificate in Foundation Studies [Level 2], or
- A qualification at Level 2 or above, with evidence of literacy and numeracy abilities equivalent to NCEA Level 1, or
- Evidence of relevant knowledge and experience, including literacy and numeracy abilities equivalent to NCEA Level 1.
In the latter two situations the applicant is required to participate in an enrolment interview with the purpose of verifying the evidence.
Graduates can go on to study the NZ Diploma in Business [Level 5] with strands in Accounting, Leadership & Management and Administration and Technology.
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more: