• Blog by EIT Sport Science Student – Amy Withey-Percy

Blog by EIT Sport Science Student – Amy Withey-Percy

June 11, 2018

This year for me started off on a high.  I was very grateful to be given the opportunity to take on the role of strength and conditioning coach for the Hawks basketball team.  In my time so far, I have been able to utilise many of the practical skills learning during my previous two years at EIT, studying for the Bachelor of Recreation and Sport.  This year I have encountered many new challenges such as balancing the Hawk’s training and games with my already hectic schedule.  I work part-time as a fitness instructor and study whilst aspiring to achieve top grades.  I have grown as a person this year and have had the opportunities to try my hand in an array of different sporting fields and organisations.

I love to train and particularly enjoy lifting weights.  It is challenging and an area traditionally reserved for males.  I want to prove that females can do anything.  I love working out and helping others to achieve their fitness goals.  Working with people is very rewarding as I get to see a diverse range of individuals increase their confidence levels and flourish in all other aspects of life. 

I want to gain as much knowledge as I can, develop my skill set, working alongside others and make my mark in the sporting industry.  Basketball was not something I saw myself investing in, but in these few short months I have really grown fond of the Hawks team and love watching them go from strength to strength.  I am excited to see what the rest of the season brings and discover new ways to assist the boys so they can reach the highest possible performance level.