• Sports Scholar Sara Deam on Life Balance – Struggling But Not Giving Up

Sports Scholar Sara Deam on Life Balance – Struggling But Not Giving Up

September 27, 2017

As we grow older and hopefully a little wiser, we tend to learn how to balance everything in our lives. For me this is a current challenge but I’m not a person to shy away from anything.

I am currently studying full time, working part time and trying to maintain a consistent level of performance in my golfing career. Creating the perfect level of life balance is not easy and I’m far from achieving this.

Over the last two months as my responsibilities at work have grown and my study levels have increased my performance levels in golf has dropped. I’m finding I don’t have the time to put the hours of practice and playing time, I normally would in my golfing career. For many athletes, this occurrence is a common theme throughout their careers. This challenge is what inspires me to not give up and get through this rough patch in my career. I am lucky to have a sporting career that I truly enjoy, this is the motivation that keeps me getting through the bad weeks.

So yes, life can be hard, it can be a challenge but we must never give up on what makes you happy. Finding a good life balance is the key to a happy and satisfying life which I haven’t quiet found yet but I’m confident I will.