• Sport Scholars Update – Ben Stoyanoff

Sport Scholars Update – Ben Stoyanoff

May 12, 2016

Ben Stoyanoff (1)My name is Ben Stoyanoff and I’m in my second year of study for the Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) at EIT.  I’m 21 years old and decided on primary teaching as a career after leaving school and becoming involved in cricket coaching at primary schools.  I thoroughly enjoyed this experience and decided that teaching and helping kids learn would be an ideal career choice.

As well as study, I play representative cricket for the Hawke’s Bay senior men’s team.  This season we won the Furlong Cup and Hawke Cup and were also called up for the Central Stags for the first time.  I wish to further my cricketing career in the coming years and make the next step up into the Central Stags.  This takes a lot of commitment to training on top of my study commitments – which is why the EIT sports scholarship is going to be a big help to me.

The scholarship allows me to fully concentrate on my studies and still commit to high performance cricket training as I don’t have the stresses of financial pressure that can occur when studying and training full on during the year.