The government reviewed the current Alert Levels yesterday, and announced that the COVID-19 Alert Levels will remain in place until 11:59pm Sunday 30 August. From Monday 31 August Auckland will join the rest of New Zealand at Alert Level 2 until 11:59pm Sunday 6 September.
From Monday 31st of August, we will ALL be in Alert Level 2 and the following principles will apply to all students;
- Auckland Campus re-opens and looking forward to seeing students back on Campus.
- Physical distancing is required: 1m while you are at EIT and 2m in public.
- Continue to record your movements either through the NZ COVID Tracer app, or personal diary. Your attendance will continued to be recorded by your tutors.
- Face coverings are mandatory on Public Transport, and recommended in other situations where you cannot physical distance. Click here to find out how to make and use your own face covering.
- There are restrictions on social gatherings. Click here for more information on this.
- Cleaning efforts will be increased which includes high touch points. For shared keyboards, sanitizer is available to ensure hands are clean before use.
- Wash your hands, and cough into your elbow if you need to.
- Do not come to EIT if you are sick.
- If you have flu like symptoms, please call your GP or contact the Healthline team (for free) on 0800 358 5453 to see if you need a COVID-19 test. You must self-isolate until a negative test result and symptom free. Please keep in touch with your tutor.
- Please continue to be kind to yourself and to each other. Don’t hesitate to ask for help, look through our Student Support Services, or access 1737, a free call or text counselling service available 24/7.
For more information, please contact your Programme Co-ordinator, or email our email@example.com.
Lastly, a big thank you on behalf of EIT for your continued patience and understanding as we work through these requirements. We really appreciate it. He waka eke noa – We’re all in this together!