• Noah is set up for a career in arts

Noah is set up for a career in arts

November 14, 2019

Noah with two of his illustrations that will be displayed at the 2019 IDEAschool Arts festival at EIT.

Noah Tucker is buzzing to be playing a part in this year’s IDEAschool Arts Festival on 29 November. Everything is ready to go – he just needs to put the final touches on the illustrations which he is going to exhibit. “I really put a lot of effort into the preparation of my pieces. I can’t wait for my art being ‘out there’ and I’m curious about the reactions and feedback from viewers.”

Noah will complete the Bachelor of Creative Practice this year. He says that he loves studying at EIT. Being surrounded by people with the same ambition and creativity is inspiring. 

Growing up, Noah always loved creating. His first proper artwork was a drawing of Homer Simpson which was proudly displayed on his grandfather’s fridge. He was only four years old but his talent shone through already. “Drawing was all I did at school and it didn’t come as a surprise to anyone that I chose to study an art degree.”

After graduation Noah will move to Wellington and he is excited to explore the capital’s creative industry and potential. He is prepared to market his artwork to a wider audience and to expand his network. “I’m also open to extending my artistic spectrum to other mediums such as graphic design, fashion design and tattooing.”

The IDEAschool Arts Festival will launch at 4pm at Scholar’s Restaurant (Hawke’s Bay Campus).  At 4.30pm there will be music performances and at 5pm is the Art & Design Exhibition opening. The Fashion Show starts at 5.30pm, with a film screening at 7pm. Scholar’s Restaurant will be the hub for purchase of food and beverages. The festival is free and open to the public.