• Taylor Hawks –EIT Scholarship Recipient – Dominic McGovan

Taylor Hawks –EIT Scholarship Recipient – Dominic McGovan

May 10, 2017

Hi, my name is Dominic McGovan and I am in my first year at EIT, studying for a Bachelor of Recreation and Sport.  I am a past student of St John’s College in Hastings, love basketball and play for the Bay Hawks.

The main reason for choosing my study programme was the way in which it relates to the sporting aspect of my life.  It’s amazing having the opportunity to both play the sport I love and also study at EIT in sunny Hawke’s Bay.

While the basketball season is underway, it doesn’t deter from achieving in my studies. EIT offers great support as I strive for goals I have set for myself off the court. This is amazing, with trainings and games eating into the time I have available for study.  It is with the vast support offered that I manage to fit everything in.

It is easy to stay motivated to complete my studies as the programme is very interesting and fun with no two lectures the same. The staff take an interest in your sporting life and base classes around what you and your peers enjoy.

I couldn’t imagine a better scenario than playing basketball and studying at EIT.

Dominic McGovan.