Gain Skills for this Fast-Growing Industry
The NZ Certificate in Forest Harvesting Operations [Level 3] programme is run in partnership with ManaiaSAFE Forestry School and will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to be employed in a processing role in a commercial forest harvesting or log scaling operation.
As a graduate you will have an understanding of safety and environmental and quality requirements of working in a forest harvesting or log scaling operation. You will work under full supervision to meet commercial productivity requirements.
As a graduate of the NZ Certificate in Forest Harvesting Operations [Level 3] (Manual Processing, Quality Control, Tree Felling and Breaking Out strands) you will have covered the following subject areas:
- Health and Safety
- Introductory Chainsaw Safety and Use
- Chainsaw Maintenance
- Hazard Identification and Management
- Introduction to Landing Operations and Processing
- Quality Control
There are two entry dates per year:
The NZ Certificate in Forest Harvesting Operations [Level 3] programme is an open entry programme, which means no formal academic qualifications are required. Applicants must be aged 16 years and over and meet the criteria below. An information sharing session will be part of the application process.
Other Entry Requirements
- Applicants must be physically fit and able to complete practical work. For health and safety purposes, applicants must submit a completed Personal Health Status Declaration to confirm that they will be physically capable of working in the forestry harvesting environment.
- Enrolment onto the programme is conditional on the applicant agreeing to undergo drug screening as indicated by signing the Student Drug-Free Agreement.
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or call in for a chat.