Please contact the Programme Secretary for further details:
Wendy Nichol Phone: 06 830 1116. Email
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to be employed in a variety of business entities in project support roles. Graduates will also be able to contribute to community groups in volunteer project roles.
Your study pathway could progress onto:
- NZ Diploma in Business [Level 5]
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
Graduates of this qualification will have the following:
Technical knowledge and skills
- Apply project management knowledge to support the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closing of a project(s).
- Lead aspects of a project(s) under broad guidance.
- Select and use project management tools and techniques appropriate to the project management task.
- Collaborate and contribute to the achievement of objectives.
- Communicate information clearly to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner.
- Manage self to contribute to the project’s performance.
- Determine solutions for operational issues in a project(s).
- Comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements for the entity.
Come in and have a chat about your study options with the staff at our Hawke’s Bay campus. Or, simply give us a call on 0800 22 55 348. And you’re most welcome to visit EIT to view our facilities at any time.
- NCEA (Level 2) OR
- A NZ Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3) OR
- A NZ Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 2) OR
- A qualification at Level 2 or above, with evidence of Literacy and Numeracy abilities equivalent to NCEA (Level 1) OR
- Evidence of relevant knowledge and experience, including Literacy and Numeracy abilities equivalent to NCEA (Level 2).
In the latter two situations the applicant is required to participate in an enrolment interview with the purpose of verifying the evidence.
The Dean may apply discretion to these regulations in exceptional circumstances.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants whose first language is not English may also be required to provide evidence of their English language skills as listed below.
- IELTS 5.5 Academic (no lower than 5.0 in any subtest). For acceptable alternatives refer to the English Proficiency Outcomes Chart.
If you have no evidence of your English language skills and are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, contact us for an assessment.
Note: Students who have achieved NCEA Level 3 University Entrance requirements are not required to provide evidence of English Language Skills. The Dean may apply discretion to these regulations in exceptional circumstances.
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more: