19 weeks total or equivalent part-time
Do you mean business?
So you want to move into project management? Arm yourself with the knowledge and skills to lead, plan and execute a project with confidence. Learn the complex techniques to successful project management and develop your planning and problem solving arsenal.
Do you want to become a project manager but aren’t sure how to get your foot in the door? Do you currently assist a project management team and want greater responsibility? Are you a small business owner looking to gain more skills in managing your business and projects? Then a qualification in project management could be for you.
You can fit your study around your work, family and lifestyle – there is no need to be a full-time student while studying with eCampus NZ. You can work and learn. All study is completely online – with supportive facilitators and advisors to help you along the way.
This course is fully online and requires approximately 600 learning hours.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand business entities with people who can carry out a broad range of support roles as a project team member and take responsibility for some parts of a project(s).
Graduates of this qualification will gain:
Technical knowledge and skills
- Apply project management knowledge to support the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closing of a project(s).
- Lead aspects of a project(s) under broad guidance.
- Select and use project management tools and techniques appropriate to the project management task.
- Collaborate and contribute to the achievement of objectives.
- Communicate information clearly to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner.
- Manage self to contribute to the project’s performance.
- Determine solutions for operational issues in a project(s).
Business environment skills
- Comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements for the entity.
Career Opportunities and Outcomes
Upon graduating you will have the skills and knowledge to be employed in a variety of business entities in project support roles. You will also be able to contribute to community groups in volunteer project roles.
Your study pathway could progress onto the NZ Diploma in Business [Level 5] or the Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS).
For online study through eCampus NZ there are flexible monthly start dates.
Go to www.ecampusnz.com for details.
Entry with Credit
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or call in for a chat.