You can be great at customer service
This programme is not running in 2022.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide competent employees who are able to work in senior retail or customer service or specialist roles in the retail sector.
As a graduate of this qualification you will be able to:
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security practices within a retail environment to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards for customers and co-workers in a retail environment.
- Coordinate interactions with colleagues, managers and customers to provide efficient customer service in a retail environment.
- Maintain the application of standard operating policies and procedures to work roles in a retail environment.
- Apply specialist product and/or service technical knowledge and skills to retail interactions.
Being great at retail or customer service is a skill to be learnt. There’s a range of tools, techniques and knowledge required to ensure
the smooth running of any customer service operation, whether that’s in the retail sector or some other customer support role.
Advance yourself – learn the skills needed to manage a smooth retail operation where customer service and effective management
mean the difference between success or mediocrity.
Who is this for?
If you are already involved in the retail sector and you want the skills required to take on more responsibility, if you own a small retail
operation and what to upskill or if you are considering a new career in the retail sector then undertaking the NZ Certificate in Retail
could be the answer.
For online study through TANZ there are flexible monthly start dates.
Go to www.tanzecampus.com for details.
Career Opportunities and Outcomes
As a graduate of this qualification you will have the skills and knowledge to be employed in specialised or senior retail or customer service roles in a wide variety of retail workplaces, which may include retail sales, merchandising, or specialist technical knowledge areas.
The NZ Certificate in Retail [Level 4] can pathway onto the NZ Diploma in Business [Level 5] or the Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS).
- 40 credits NCEA Level 1, including 10 literacy credits and 10 numeracy credits OR
- NZ Certificate in Retails [Level 3].
You must be currently working in a retail environment.
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for a chat.