- NZ Certificate in Commercial Road Transport (Heavy Vehicle Operator) [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Forest Harvesting Operations [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Commercial Road Transport (Specialist Driver) [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Forestry Operations [Level 3]
- NZ Certificate in Forest Harvesting Operations [Level 3]
Trucking Towards a First Home
Logging truck driver Paul Kaa-Galloway starts work at 2am most mornings, but you won’t catch this 28-year-old father of two complaining.
Paul, an EIT Tairāwhiti graduate with his Certificate in Forestry Driving (level 3), now has a job for Chopper Haulage thanks to his father-in-law a fellow logging truck driver.
Alicia Burrows is not your usual kind of logging truck driver
The 31-year-old mother of one is the first to admit it’s not an easy job, but she loves it. No stranger to tertiary education, Burrows also has a hairdressing qualification and business degrees, but discovered neither were quite right for her.
But now she has found her niche, and her dedication has paid off as she now drives a brand new truck.
“Believe it or not, the guys are keen to have more female drivers out there,” she says.
While completing her one year full time course at EIT Tairāwhiti, Ms Burrows also juggled a part time job at JNL. She stepped straight into a full time driving job with a local company and is about to start working for Mark Pittar Transport.