Year 13 Degree Scholarship Important Information
Below you will find all the important information you need on applying for the EIT Year 13 Degree Scholarship.
Who can Apply
- Be a Year 13 student from Hawke’s Bay or Tairāwhiti/Gisborne (Hick’s Bay to Taupō and Dannevirke), or
- Be a Year 13 student nationwide who is applying for the Bachelor of Māori Visual Arts (Te Toi o Ngā Rangi), the Bachelor of Viticulture and Wine Science, or the Bachelor of Veterinary Nursing.
- Meet the degree (or eligible certificate or diploma) entry criteria and be accepted to undertake full-time study at EIT, starting semester one.
- Be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Complete the appropriate application form for the degree (or eligible certificate or diploma).
- Include all supporting documents.
What to Include in Your Application
- A cover letter with a minimum of 250 words. This must express your motivation for working in your chosen study area, including where you see your future career path, and what opportunity you would like to create for yourself in this industry.
- A letter of endorsement from your high school, except if you are applying for the Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) where you you will need to provide the School Report link to your Dean which replaces the high school endorsement letter. This link is available in the programme Application Pack or by clicking here https://tinyurl.com/EITSchoolform.
- Your enrolment form for a degree at EIT to commence full-time study (unless you have applied online).
Please ensure that any additional forms in the programme Application Pack have been fully completed and returned to EIT by mid November.
The Selection Process
EIT will select recipients taking into account the following:
- Application quality and completeness.
- Enquiries made about the applicant with referees and other appropriate people e.g. employers, schools, community leaders.
- Other information which may be available and relevant.
- In addition, some programmes may choose to interview applicants.
If you have any questions about the application process, please call us on 0800 22 55 348.
The decisions of the selection panel are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
How to Enrol
Check out our Subject Areas to find out more about the programmes we offer and to enrol online. You can also request a printed Application Pack online or by calling us.
Check your Fees-Free eligibility with your NSN number at feesfree.govt.nz (more details below).
You can apply to StudyLink now if you need help with course related costs or living costs. You can do this even if you haven’t been accepted on to your programme yet. Visit studylink.govt.nz to apply.
If you applied online without using your RealMe verified identity, you will get a form sent to you to check, sign and return to EIT. Please return this promptly along with any supporting documents required.
If you are applying by paper enrolment form, you will need to complete this and send back to EIT with any required supporting documents.
You will receive conditional acceptance pending your final NCEA results, unless you have already achieved the entry requirements at the time of applying.
At the time of final acceptance you will be contacted with programme information including your start date. You may also receive course selection forms. You need to complete these quickly and return them to us so we can finalise your enrolment. If you do not send these back to us we are not able to give StudyLink the information they need to finalise your student finance.
You will receive an invoice with payment details. This invoice may tell you to contact Government Fees-Free to finalise your Fees-Free eligibility. If you are eligible for Government Fees-Free and/or a Year 13 Degree Scholarship, EIT will apply this for you. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Government Fees-Free Eligibility
- Government Fees-Free is administered by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC).
- Visit feesfree.govt.nz and enter your National Student Number (NSN). TEC will immediately check your eligibility for fees free study.
- If you get a YES there is no need to do anything else. We will apply your Government Fees-Free first.
- If you get UNKNOWN this means TEC are not sure if you are eligible. You will need to complete the statutory declaration process to determine if you are eligible for Government Fees-Free. If you are not eligible, we will apply your scholarship.
- If you get a NO we will apply your scholarship. If you are coming up with a NO response but you believe this is incorrect, please contact Government Fees-Free to discuss.
Government Fees-Free Contact
0800 687 775, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
If you have a question about a statutory declaration please email email@example.com.