If you are a computing degree graduate this diploma will further prepare and enhance your employment opportunities in the IT sector where there are recognised skills shortages in New Zealand and internationally.
The PGDipIT programme has been designed to produce IT post graduates who are able to think critically and have a number of high level skills in the IT field that can be applied in a wide range of situations. This diploma will also introduce you to research in IT.
As a graduate of the PGDipIT you’ll have an understanding of the broad conceptual and theoretical elements involved in the IT arena.
As a graduate of the PGDipIT you will have an understanding of the broad conceptual and theoretical elements involved in the IT arena, including:
- A sound knowledge of the IT environment and its effective management
- The ability to analyse the needs of business and make recommendations for IT services and systems
- The ability to advise on, develop and implement innovations leading to a more efficient use of resources within a dynamic IT environment
- The ability to relate to and communicate effectively with personnel and clients having diverse backgrounds
- The motivation for continued learning and self-development to cope effectively with change
- An understanding of the legal, regulatory and ethical frameworks of the IT sector
You can also apply for this diploma programme if you’ve completed a degree-level qualification in a related area such as business, visual arts or science, and have appropriate IT work experience in junior or middle management or experience in a middle or senior management role.
Please feel free to make an appointment to discuss your study options. You can meet with our staff in person at our Hawke’s Bay campus, or simply give us call on 0800 22 55 348. And you’re most welcome to visit EIT to view our facilities at any time.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
The Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology will give you a competitive advantage over other degree graduates. Once awarded this post graduate diploma possible job and career opportunities could include:
- Systems analyst
- IT consultant
- Business analyst
Auckland Specific Information
International entry requirements
There are two entry dates per year:
- Mid February
- Mid July
Following completion of the PGDipIT you can progress into EIT’s Master of IT programme.