The purpose of this qualification is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to contribute to effective team performance and the potential to be effective in a leadership role within a team. In particular:
- Team dynamics – Team performance theories.
- Active listening – How to give and receive feedback.
- Courageous conversations – Giving instructions.
- What is an objective/mission goal – Managing interpersonal conflict.
- Setting SMART goals, targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Courses commences monthly. Please contact the Programme Secretary Wendy Nichol:
Phone: 06 830 1116. Email
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to contribute to effective team performance and the potential to be effective in a leadership role within a team.
Your study pathway could progress onto:
- NZ Certificate in Business (First Line Management) [Level 4]
- NZ Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) [Level 4]
- New Zealand Diploma in Business [Level 5]
- NCEA (Level 1) OR
- A NZ Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 1) OR
- A qualification at Level 1 or above on the NZQF, with evidence of literacy and numeracy abilities equivalent to NCEA (Level 1) OR
- Evidence of relevant knowledge and experience, including Literacy and Numeracy abilities equivalent to NCEA (Level 1). In the latter two situations the applicant is required to participate in an enrolment interview with the purpose of verifying the evidence.
The Dean may apply discretion to these regulations in exceptional circumstances.
Academic Learning Services
Academic Learning Services is here to assist you on your journey towards the successful completion of your studies at EIT. Our aim is for you to become confident, competent and independent learners.
We have dedicated advisors who can assist with your learning.
Find out more:
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for a chat.