Average completion time for part-time study is 18 months for the certificate
Aspire to, or in, a career in adult and tertiary teaching or training?
The NZ Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching is for individuals aspiring to, or in a career in adult and tertiary teaching, including vocational education and training. The programme is offered fully online.
The NZ Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching is intended for those who already have a qualification or equivalent experience in their primary discipline e.g. a trade. It represents the base level qualification for a professional adult and tertiary teaching practitioner.
You will be prepared for further study in your chosen career pathway.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Design for learning to meet specified learning outcomes in a variety of contexts
- Create and sustain a learner-centred teaching environment that respects learners’ mana and diverse backgrounds, and the wider educational and societal context
- Select and apply facilitation and teaching strategies appropriate to diverse learners
- Enhance learning through the application of assessment and moderation practices
- Critically evaluate and reflect on own professional practice and explore options to improve it..The NZ Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching is intended for those who already have a qualification or equivalent experience in their primary discipline e.g. a trade. It represents the base level qualification for a professional adult and tertiary teaching practitioner.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
Graduates of this qualification may undertake further study towards Level 6 and above qualifications in adult and tertiary teaching.
Graduates of this qualification could go on to secure a role as a workplace educator and trainer or as a tutor.
Monthly intakes – please ask for details
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com or call in for a chat.