Do You Mean Business?
If you want to get a head start in the retail industry you’d be wise to enrol in this programme pronto! You’ll learn a whole bunch of practical skills including cash handling, how to create attention-grabbing point-of-sale displays, and effective customer service. But hurry, only limited places available!
Once you’ve gained this certificate you could find retail employment in sales, customer service, merchandising, marketing, accounting and management.
- March and August – full-time – Hastings Regional Learning Centre
- March Part-time option – on demand only – Maraenui Regional Learning Centre
Career Opportunities and Outcomes
Once you’ve gained this certificate you could find retail employment in:
- Sales and customer service
- Preparing goods for customers
- Merchandising and presenting goods to customers and using creative skills
- Business management including using marketing and accounting skills
- A personal interview may be part of the application process.
- Open entry to NZ Citizens/Residents.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Supply Birth Certificate or a current Passport
- Applicants are required to have a reasonable reading level in order to cope with the programme and carry out written instruction.
Entry with credit
- If students have already completed one or more unit standards in this programme they may be able to use them for this qualification.
Retail is a dynamic industry where anything can happen, and it does! This certificate covers off all basic aspects of the industry to get you work-ready for employment. You’ll cover a whole raft of topics including:
- Health and safety practice
- Customer service skills
- Product display and merchandising
- Consumer law
- Loss prevention
- Point of sale operation
- Practical work placements in the industry
- CV and job application letters
- Professional selling skills
This certificate is an ideal entry level programme, which will help prepare you for higher-level study in a broad array of other EIT programmes. Talk to one of our friendly staff to find out more.
EIT offers a variety of scholarships across various subjects and programme levels. Some scholarships are based on your age, some are specific to the subject you want to study. Not all scholarships are based on your academic ability and anyone wanting to study should investigate what scholarships are available to them.
You can find a list of EIT scholarships here however there are many more scholarships offered nationally. Information about these is on an database called “givME”. givME is accessible at EIT or at some public libraries. If you would like to come to EIT to look through the giveME database don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for a chat.