Research underpins the degrees that we teach.
EIT is rated one of the top two institutes of technology and polytechnics in New Zealand for research excellence by the Tertiary Education Commission.
Because of our commitment to research, the early childhood education teaching team lead an annual Research Symposium for the ECE sector.
And it’s happening this Saturday.
The research workshops are
• “Tikanga in Action” by Barnardos – 2015 Winners in the Prime Minister’s Education Excellence Awards
• “Girls and blocks: Not just for boys!” by Lorraine Lovell
• “Children’s art in the outdoor environment” by Lara Caddis
• “Te Haerenga” by Otatara Children’s Centre
• “The influential early childhood approach in ReggioEmilia City in Italy by EIT’s Cheryl McConnell
• “Empowerment through photography” by Courtney Lee
• “Providing more opportunities for children to revisit their learning via online ” by Cassandra Kingi
• “Exploring education for sustainability” by Greenmeadows Kindergarten ‐ 2015 Achievers of the Green‐Gold Enviroschools Award.
Interested? Call 0800 22 55 348 and book your place.